Thursday 1 May 2014

Controversy by Prince

Prince has announced a date at the Hydro on Thursday 22nd May.

I have recently been getting into a lot of Prince's earlier stuff. HIs back catalogue is extensive, eclectic and eccentric.

I was keen to attempt tickets, although slightly put off by the price, ranging from £65-£125. Pretty expensive for a night out when you take a few drinks etc into the equation, especially if you are going as a couple. You're talking £200-£300 for a night out!

That said, Prince doesn't tour very often and he is a bona-fide musical genius.

My own personal debate was solved by the fact that I am actually going to be down in London for 2-days when he is playing. So I'll save money but I will no doubt miss out on a sensational show.

This is my current favourite Prince tune - the 12 inch version of Controversy from the album of the same name that was released away back in 1981. This is incredible.

Good luck to those trying for tickets.




No comments: