Tuesday 1 May 2018

Never Ending Mixtape Part 23


More tunes for your ears.

We have newbies from The Go! Team and Alexis Taylor from Hot Chip, a classic from AC/DC, one from Dusty Springfield that I hadn't heard before and a cover of Billy Idol's Dancing With Myself by The Donna's to kick things off!

We then go on a trip with David Holmes, Liquid Liquid, LCD Soundsystem and the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, before heading back to the 90's with classics from Massive Attack, the euphoric Yes by McAlmont and Butler and the Super Furries.

Liverpool offers us gems from Echo and the Bunnymen and Bill Ryder Jones, Shirley Bassey is included and some weirdly cool offerings from Jeffrey Lewis (from the brilliantly named album The Last Time I Did Acid I Went Insane and other favorites), Yamasuki Singers (a song my friend Ben stuck on a mixtape for me years ago), Steve Mason in his King Biscuit Time disguise and a track I discovered by an act called The Bongolian!

Throw in a few others including some northern gems and the stunning power pop of Open My Eyes by Nazz and you have another eclectic selection of tunes added to the Never Ending Mixtape.

Search for the Everything Flows Never Ending Mixtape on Spotify or CLICK HERE.

Enjoy.




The Only Thing New Is U Finding Out About It - The Go! Team
Oh Baby - Alexis Taylor
Touch Too Much - AC/DC
Haunted - Dusty Springfield
Dancing With Myself - The Donnas
Don't Die Just Yet - David Holmes
Cavern - Liquid Liquid
You Can't Hide/Shame On You (live) - LCD Soundsystem
Bellbottoms - The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
Teardrop - Massive Attack
Yes - McAlmont and Butler
Play It Cool - Super Furry Animals
The Killing Moon - Echo and the Bunnymen
Are You My Love - Kelley Stoltz
I Can Only Give You Everything - Them
Jezahel - Shirley Bassey
You Can't Hide A Light With The Dark - Bill Ryder Jones
Good Fortune - PJ Harvey
The East River - Jeffrey Lewis
Yanamoto Kakapote - Yamasuki Singers
I Walk The Earth - King Biscuit Time
Googa Mama - The Bongolian
If I Could Only Be Sure - Nolan Porter
In Orbit - Joy Lovejoy
Tailor Made - The Lemon Twigs
Open My Eyes (alternate take) - Nazz


No comments: